There are two ways to make a fruit base hookah. One way is to add sliced fruit to the vase, the other one is to make a fruit bowl . These methods can be combined in order to make a real tropical hookah. Fruit in the vase are used mostly for aesthetic purposes. The fruit bowl, on the contrary, can bring new shades of taste, help to create interesting combinations of flavours and complement the taste of the selected tobacco mixture. In addition, a fruit base hookah has several advantages:
How to make a hookah with different fruit?
- Long smouldering period of tobacco mixtures. Due to natural moisture of fruit heated tobacco does not burn as quickly as in a classic bowl.
- Additional natural flavour of hookah smoke. Despite the fact that today there are countless chemical flavours, they do not give such a fine and natural flavour as in a fruit bowl.
- Prolongued duration of smoking. Due to the volume of a fruit bowl, which in any case is larger than a standard one, more tobacco is placed there. Therefore, instead of the standard 40-60-minute smoking period, a fruit hookah will be smoky for up to one and a half hours.
Middle-sized fruit with moderate density are most suitable for a fruit base hookah. These may be citrus fruit (oranges, grapefruits), pomegranate, melon, apple, pineapple. Regardless the fruit, the technology of making a fruit-based hookah bowl is the same:
- Cut the ‘cap’ of the fruit (approximately ⅓ of the fruit).
- Clean it from all the pulp, leaving the walls of the bowl at least 2 cm thick.
- Make a thin hole in the bottom — that will help connect the bowl to the hookah shank.
- Reinforce your fruit hookah with a framework of toothpicks. Insert them in such a way so that they do not allow the fruit to shrink and collapse.
- Pack the hookah with tobacco.
- Cover the bowl with several layers of foil or use a charcoal holder.
These simple steps allow to make a perfect hookah from any fruit. The key is to make the bowl walls thick enough and to make sure that the fruit is overripe. Another important thing to keep an eye on is the temperature. Since the fruit gives away its moisture, you might need more coals. So make sure in advance that you have 3-4 spare coal pieces to replace the coal in time. That will enable your fruit hookah to be smoky and saturated for up to an hour and a half.
Thank you for reading this article — we give you the promo code buynanosmoke
for purchasing our products for a discount of 7$!